Formerly known as Juries. These are intended to be a little easier for everyone to manage this year.
The theatre major at Plymouth State University has a component in it that has been on hold for two years during COVID restrictions. Two years is a long time for university students. Many of you will not know anything about this. At the end of each year, we ask each student to meet with the appropriate faculty for a professional and academic check-in.
Dr. Tulk and I discussed this component at length this morning. Traditionally, they have been referred to as Theatre Juries, using the same language that the Music Program uses for their own majors. The seniors in the program will remember doing these. Beginning this year, we are renaming them as Annual Reviews.
Each option within theatre has its own criteria. In the model we have been working from, these appointments were structured very much like an audition or interview. Monologues, songs, and portfolio reviews have been presented annually by all majors, with increasing levels of challenge each year. We will be modifying this model a bit.
For the past two years, we have cancelled this step in our process. This year & next year, we will introduce the new model in two steps, beginning gently to get back into the routine.
- We will meet one-on-one with each non-graduating major.
- We ask each of you to assemble your resume and bring it in for discussion and constructive feedback.
- If you are a performer, be prepared to discuss performance work you have done this year either as a part of a class or for a production.
- If you are a design & technology student, please assemble your portfolio, including documentation of projects, shows, classwork, etc.
- If you have a website prepared, we would love to see that at the meeting.
- Please do not create new work in preparation for these meetings. This is an exercise in presenting yourself as a professional based on your current status.
- Choose your clothing with an eye towards who you are as a professional.
- Be prepared to discuss what your professional and artistic goals might be, and how Plymouth State University might help you arrive at them.
Please go to the appropriate sign-up sheet on the digital callboard and register.